Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just Turn. It's not Rocket Science

Sorry Folks. This will be a rather short posting. However, I've got to scratch this annoying little itch that needs to go away.
So, this morning, I'm about ten minutes late for work and I'm cruising through my neighborhood- smiling, happy, and looking forward to another workday with a boss out on vacation.
I pull my eco-friendly SUV out of my driveway and head on my way. The weather is perfect, my concealer actually worked and hid my dark sick bags under my eyes, and my dog gave me a good day kiss. EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. WHAT CAN GO WRONG?

Well, let me tell you. The damn slow turners. That's what went wrong. So, there's no dictionary definition of Slow Turners, so allow me to enhance your mind.
Slow Turner: Noun Slo-Turn-Er : One operating a motor vehicle that turns dramatically and ridiculously slow onto streets, into parking lots, or anything else. The slow turner has nothing to impede their turn. They are just losers who have not realized that you don't have to reduce your speed to 2 miles or completely brake to simply make a turn.
So, nothing annoys me more... Wait, let me retract that. There are a lot of annoying things. However, these notorious slow turners can mess up your flow. You're driving along. You notice their turn signal so you slow a bit, preparing for a brief slow down for the person to turn. You notice this is taking a lot LONGER than it should. You look out and over and see NOTHING prohibiting them from making a smooth turn. You huff, sit back. But, nope, still sitting there.
You look again, and then finally the stupid forest green Ford Taurus FINALLY creeps and makes their turn.

Slow Turners should be spanked with a wooden spatula and sent back to Drivers Education. Sometimes, i get so angry, that I speed around them. (Always checking to make sure that there's no oncoming traffic in the other lane) I speed around them and I stare at them to see just what's causing this illness. I expect to see an older person... I immediately have sympathy for older people. You can't get mad at older peeps, they're like grandparents.
But, no, guess what I see? A middle age forty something man with a handlebar moustache turning the Taurus into Food-A-Rama...

Yes, they must be crazy. 'Cause I aint.

1 comment:

KRH said...

you would never make it in LA. its an entire city of crazy slowturners. i almost kill someone everyday.