Wednesday, July 29, 2009

House Party A la 2009





Who remembers the campy early nineties movie, "House Party"? I do. Obviously...

I never really was a House Party fan. I had to succumb to peer pressure and check it out like most other urban black children, but I definitely don't quote lines from it or anything.

It's not in my Top 10 or Top 50 for that matter.

However, it is on my mind due to the lead female characters in the movie.

Wait, let me backtrack for my readers that aren't familiar with "House Party".

House Party starred Kid N Play. If you don't know who they are, then this entry is lost on you; so just give up.


I don't remember all the details but, basically one of these flat topped idiots has a house party. Somehow there are girls involved and having sex with the girls is somehow involved.

Or something like that...

Well, the two friends are characters, Sidney and Sharane. Sidney seemed to be the Girl Next Door, well Black Girl Next Door and Sharane was the more "around the way" kind girl.


For my non urban readers, Sharane looked like she was rode hard and put up wet.


See image of Sidney and Sharane. Check out that alliteration. Sidney and Sharane... SSSSSS





Anyway, one of my fave gal pals, and I mean, FAVE gal pals sorta reminds me of a 2009 version of Sidney. And there are times, after I've had an impromptu pool party complete with an intoxicating beverage or two and makeup streaming down my face, that I resemble a 2009 Sharane.



See image...






You be the judge...

No comments: