Friday, January 9, 2009

Purple

Can anyone tell me why some Black women love the color purple? Wait, let me rephrase this.
I think, so that makes it true, that the most of the women that LOVE the color purple happen to be Black.

I know lots of Black women that love being draped in purple. Purple shirts, purple bras, purple shoes...

I met a woman in Marshall's last week. She was behind me in line. She was dressed in purple from head to toe. She had purple candlestick holders, bath towels, and candles in her basket. I said, "Wow, you like purple." She responded by saying, "You should see my brand new Charger. Dodge Charger. 2009. Brand New. Purple." (She was like 60)
I saw her in the parking lot and indeed she has a purple car. I liked her.

Hmmh, but back to my original question. Does anyone know?
Thanks for helping.

2 comments:

Erika said...

purple purple purple do u remember? I have never been a fan of purple but this season i have but I think it's because it was suppose to be like the new black or something.

Mo City Princess said...

so, i'm not sure. At present, I love the color purple. Not quite like the lady you met and the discount retail store, however, i'm close. i grew up loving purple because The Sweet Valley Twins loved purple (Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield -- in case you forgot). It was the color of their coveted group, the Unicorns. Do you remember? I also vaguely remember them spending a lot of time in their Spanish-tiled kitchen...