Tuesday, January 6, 2009

These are phrases, collaquialisms, and sayings that I've always wanted to say and use

Author's Note:

These are phrases that I have not used due to:

-fear that the phrase belongs to a race that is not my own. (It is true. Races can actually own a phrase.)

-uncertainty of the actual phrase or if I've misphrased it in my brain

-fear of being a pretender (I hate sounding unnatural)

-backlash from my husband and/or BFF Myah (They give me grief about my dialect all the time. I used "fat-fingered" once and I'm still getting crap about that one.)

Author's Note: Part Deux:

This is a partial list.



THE LIST:

That's all kinds of wrong.

He/She/IT/That is a hot mess.

I'm strictly *****

I beg your pardon.

Comme Si, Comme Ca

I am woman, hear me roar

Gag me with a spoon.

I'll be back (In Terminator voice)

I'll have what she's having.

You've got some nerve.

Heads are going to roll.

I was _ sheets to the wind. (i've never figured that one out. help)

IN YOUR FACE!

She looks pretty long in the tooth.

Over my dead body.

How you doing? (In joey's voice from Friends. I think...)

Ayyy Papi.

2 comments:

Mo City Princess said...

my first inclination was to say THROWING sheets to the wind, however, i'm not sure that is correct. in fact, i'm not sure what that means....

KRH said...

i had a root canal once, and i am actually long in the tooth. lol. on a similar note i was thinking about two phrases my parents often say and i know when to use them in context but i have no idea what they mean. and now they just sound country to me. quiet as it's kept and if push comes to shove. what do either of those really mean.